Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Isometric

Second class of Drawing for Animation. Working with isometric and orthographic drawings.


Click to Enlarge Image

We started the class with just experimenting with the isometric grid paper. Drawing random stuff like boxes and prisms etc. I found it pretty easy to use straight away. Also included in this image is an extruded floor map. This was a bit tricky for me to do, but I eventually understood how it worked.



Click to Enlarge Image

This is an orthographic projection of a house. Basically this serves to create side views of the house to be easier seen. I found this pretty straight forward. I did make it a bit easy to do, but that's only because I wasn't sure how I'd go with it, so I didn't want to make it anything complex.



Click to Enlarge Image

This image is showing projecting and penetrating form. What that basically is, is projecting objects onto other objects, in this case a cube, so you can cut out sections and extrude others. The first two (top) I found pretty difficult as they were my first tries of this projecting and penetrating form.






The first animation is of a box closing. You could either do this by individually drawing the frames separately, or by drawing it once, and using curved guidelines to assist the rest of the gif. I chose to draw the box closing frame by frame.

The second animation is of a flying chair that does a sick awesome back flip. I found this very hard to accomplish in terms of frame 2 and 4. The odd number of frames was easy because of the isometric grid. Frames 2 and 4 did not have the isometric grid in the correct place to aid in the drawing of the chair. In the end, it took ages to get the chair to look good in frames 2 and 4.

Cheers


Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment