Friday, June 6, 2014

Life Drawing 2





























The above images are all from class work. Again, they consist of gesture drawings, which are 10 seconds to 30 seconds usually, and longer pose drawing. Which can range from 5 mins to 30 mins. Within the gesture drawings, I try a different approach to getting them complete. So instead of stick figured, I try to draw boxes + cylinders to indicate where their arms are + elbows, knees etc. But again, 10 to 30 seconds is just way too fast for me at this point. I'm more comfortable with longer poses. This week, again, I continue to just do contours, but in later weeks I try different drawing materials.



Homework was to draw a character in overlapping shapes and then to redraw the character with more volume in the shapes and overlay some fat. I understand it's not to just make the 2nd image bigger than the first to create more mass, which is what it looks like in the above image. I did attempt to create the extra volume within the overlapping shapes as required. I made them look more drooped because of the fat such as the stomach, arms and legs.. I did a bit of shading also, but not too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment